Daily/AutoX tires for the E46

Forums Autocross Tires Daily/AutoX tires for the E46

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Justin

I’m looking at getting a new set of summers for the BMW soon. Primarily looking at the AutoX Street Tires, but i am not concerned about that final tenth that might be out there. A tire that lasts 20k instead of 10k is probably more important. They have to be decent in the rain as they’re my daily tire.

I still want a good enough tire so I can take it to an autocross once or twice a year if I want to. At most it’ll be an uncompetitive STX car.

255/40/17 is the size I am running.

Looking at Kumho XS, Rivals (but they’re probably too pricey) Direzza ZII, RS-3, RE-11a (seems to have fallen off the radar this year). I liked the XS on my GTI a lot, and had a better experience than what I read online. RE-11a look better in rain, but Z2 are the fastest. Rivals are short on availability and pricey…

I’m also doing suspension, house improvements, and trying to pay down credit this summer so $100-200 saved for a marginally slower tire is good too.

Justin

For a daily driver with the occasional autocross, my choice would be the Bridgestones. IMO, it offers the best compromise of streetability and competitiveness. (This is assuming they haven’t changed much from the original RE-11.) You might also consider the Continental ExtremeContact DW. Great street tire that performs respectably at autox.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.