Federal 595 RSR Tires

Forums Autocross Tires Federal 595 RSR Tires

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Justin

I’ve read the reviews for:

Ventus R-S3
    Dunlop DZII
    Ecsta XS
    Azenis RT615k

However, I don’t see any reviews about the Federal 595 RSR at all.

I currently have decent tread 80% left on my two Federal SS 595 on my 16 inch wheels. I used them for 1 autocross event and I didn’t get much traction due to massive boost issues/tire spinning problems. I need 2 new tires on the 16″ wheels and 2 new tires for my 15″ which will be strictly track use.

The 595 RSR tires are supposed to be a softer compound, rated at 140 UTQ, much softer than the Super Steel 595, which I suspect will have the least life among the other 4 listed above. Prices are all comparable and reasonable in the 15″ size. The Federals are significantly cheaper, however, not available through TireRack or Discount Tire Direct.

I’m just afraid that there might be a reason why not many people run Federal tires, despite the low-cost and softer compound. keep in mind this car doesn’t get driven very much at all. Any input would be appreciated.

Justin
    I’m just afraid that there might be a reason why not many people run Federal tires, despite the low-cost and softer compound. keep in mind this car doesn’t get driven very much at all. Any input would be appreciated.

The “reason” is poor availability. I’ve had a lot of customers asking about these, but after many phone calls and emails to various distributors and Federal… I still haven’t been able to secure a supplier for these. There are a few online retailers that carry them, but I’ve heard availability is still pretty limited.

As for the tires themselves, I’ve heard enough good reviews from autocrossers, (who know what makes a good autocross tire,) to believe that they’re 95% as good as the current top-tier tires.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.